Morgan's Brewery Co Ltd Round Black Backed Steel
Morgan's Brewery Co Ltd black backed steel tray dating from the 1920's. The brewery was based in Norwich, Norfolk and Morgan's also owned Elijah Eyres Brewery at Kings Lynn Norfolk which they had acquired in 1900.
Morgan's Brewery Co Ltd black backed steel tray dating from the 1920's. The Old Brewery was severely damaged by bombing in 1942. In order to cope Morgan's transferred brewing to their Elijah Eyres Brewery at Kings Lynn. Interestingly their main rivals Bullard & Sons Ltd and Steward & Patteson Ltd helped out brewing during this short-term crisis. Morgans Norwich brewery was rebuilt and back in production in 1950. The Old Brewery was acquired jointly by Bullard & Sons Ltd and Steward & Patteson Ltd in 1961. Reportedly Morgan's pubs were split amongst the two companies by splitting a deck of cards! The brewery was sold to Watney Mann Ltd later in 1961 who subsequently acquired Bullard & Sons Ltd and Steward & Patteson Ltd in 1964. Watney Mann Ltd were themselves acquired by Grand Metropolitan Hotels Ltd in 1972 who in turn acquired Truman, Hanbury, Buxton & Co Ltd in 1974. A new brewery was formed in 1976 named the Norwich Brewery Co Ltd. Despite all these different mergers the Old Brewery continued to brew until 1985. Brewing finally ceased in 1985. The maufacturer's mark simply states a number - No 12526
|Reverse Finish||Black Backed|
|Year Of Manufacture||1928|
Write Your Own Review