J.C. & R.H.Palmer Rectangular Black Backed Steel
J.C. & R.H.Palmer black backed steel tray dating from the 1930s. The Old Brewery is still brewing in Bridport, Dorset.
J.C. & R.H.Palmer black backed steel tray dating from the 1930s. The Old Brewery was established in Bridport by Samuel Gundry in 1794. By 1862 twelve ales were brewed at the Old Brewery for markets home and abroad. Beers were exported to Australia, India and Canada. In 1864 the Bridport Brewery Old Brewery Co. Ltd took over the running of the company and the business underwent a short period of investment and expansion. In 1866 the company was liquidated and purchased by the Legg family. The Old Brewery and its public houses were acquired by two Palmer brothers, John Cleeves and Robert Henry in the late 1880s. The business traded as J.C. & R.H.Palmer and was run by John. During the 20th century the company traded successfully and was registered as J.C. & R.H.Palmer Ltd in 1975. The Old Brewery is Britain's only thatched brewery and is still operating independently. The company owns 53 public houses based across Dorset, Somerset & Devon. The manufacturer's mark states - Reginald Corfield Ltd Morden Road.London.S.W.19. 11.35.
|Reverse Finish||Black Backed|
|Tray Manufacturer||Reginald Corfield Ltd (Morden Road)|
|Year Of Manufacture||1935|
Write Your Own Review