Drybrough & Co. Ltd Oval Black Backed Steel
Drybrough & Co. Ltd black backed steel tray dating from the 1910s. The Craigmillar Brewery was based in Edinburgh, Lothian.
Drybrough & Co. Ltd black backed steel tray dating from the 1910s. Members of the Drybrough family had been brewing in Edinburgh before 1750 when Drybrough & Co. was founded. They brewed at various sites until 1892 when the business was moved to a newly built Craigmillar Brewery, also based in Edinburgh. Drybrough & Co. Ltd was registered in 1895. The company supplied their beers to the Alnwick Brewery Co. Ltd from 1963 to 1978 and to Ballingall & Sons Ltd of Dundee from 1964 to 1968. The Craigmillar Brewery was acquired by Watney Mann Ltd in 1965. In 1987, Watney, Mann & Truman Breweries Ltd, then the under the ownership of Grand Metropolitan Hotels Ltd, sold the company to Allied-Lyons plc and brewing ceased at the Craigmillar Brewery days after the sale. The Craigmillar Brewery ceased brewing immediately after the sale. The manufacturer's mark states - "Hancor", Mitcham. 1.M 41.31.F.N
|Reverse Finish||Black Backed|
|Tray Manufacturer||Hancor Mitcham|
|Year Of Manufacture||1910|