Buckley's Brewery Ltd Deep Round Tin
Buckley's Brewery Ltd tin tray dating from the 1970s. The brewery was based in Llanelli, Dyfed.
Buckley's Brewery Ltd tin tray dating from the 1970s. The brewery was founded by Henry Child in 1769, Over a century later the business became known as Buckley Brothers after Child's daughter had married Reverend James Buckley and their son had taken over the running of the brewery in 1877. The company was registered as Buckley's Brewery Ltd in 1894. The brewery site was extensively modernised in 1970, however by 1984 the Buckley family no longer managed the business resulting in troubled times. The brewery was acquired by the Brodian property group in 1987 who, with the backing of Guinness, merged Buckley's with the Crown Brewery Co. Ltd (Pontyclun) to form Crown Buckley PLC in 1989. The company became an Independent Welsh brewer once again after a management buy-out in 1993. After a short-lived second few years of independence, and the acquisition of Crown Buckley PLC in 1997 by S.A.Brain & Co. Ltd, the brewery was closed in 1997. All Buckley's beers, including Reverend James ale, were transferred to Brain's Cardiff brewery in 1998. Buckley's brewery fell into disuse and was demolished in 2006. The site was redeveloped into luxury apartments in 2020.
|Year Of Manufacture||1972|
Write Your Own Review